2017 Bryce Canyon National Park Photography Workshop
Sitting atop the Grand Staircase, Bryce Canyon is amazing and an ideal destination for a thrilling photography workshop. The spendor of surise is like no other place on earth. Even from the rim you will be inspired but descend the trails a short distance and the scenery takes your breath away. You can photograph the grand, sweeping vistas or the intimate details.
The surrounding area has more natural wonders. Red Canyon, Kodachrome Basin and Devil's Garden are all within driving distance from Bryce. We will also visit several of these locations duing our time here.
A typical day begins with a morning shoot and ends with sunset. Some days we're photographing most of the day. On other days we have classes and photo critiques in the middle of the day. While in the field we provide one-on-one help with the areas that are important to you. Our goal is to broaden your technical skills and unleash the artist in you.
Bryce Canyon is very special in October. Mornings can be chilly and the days very pleasant. More importantly, the light this time of year is incredible.
You can find photography workshops with big name photographers and prices to match. But you will be hard pressed to find photography workshops that offer greater value than ours.
Come join us in Bryce Canyon National Park, October 2017. You will find inspiration here.
- When: October 24-27, 2017
- Where: Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Class size: 8
- Instructor: Ralph Nordstrom (award winning fine art photographer and educator)
- Cost: $640.00 USD
- Deposit: $200.00 USD (non-refundable)
- Even better: Extend your experience. Check out the Super Utah photography workshop.
Does not include lodging, transportation, meals or fees.
Lodging: Our base of operations is Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel in Bryce Canyon, UT.
Transportation: If you're flying in, Las Vegas is your best option and only about 4 hours from Bryce Canyon.
Physical Difficulty: Easy. Most of the shooting locations are near the road or short hikes along easy trails.
Your privacy is important to us. We will never share your information.
- Photograph the best locations in the best light
- Broaden your technical and creative skills through quality one-on-one and classroom instruction
- Small class size
- Enjoy the fun, positive atmosphere
- Exposure basics - ISO, aperture and shutter speed
- Histogram - interpret and identify exposure problems
- Refine exposures - exposure compensation and HDR
- Sharpness - creative use of depth of field, blurs
- Fantastic light - recognize it, capture it, make the most of it
- Strong composition - direct the viewer's eye, create unity, balance and visual tension
- Digital darkroom - workflow and image enhancement
- Digital SLR
- Sturdy tripod
- Wide angle lens
- Normal lens
- Telephoto lens
- Circular polarizer and variable neutral density filters
- Shutter release
- Camera bag
- Camera manual
- Laptop computer with processing software (Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.)
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Sun protection
- Rain gear for you and your camera