2017 Gems of Oregon Photography Workshop
Southwest Oregon has some of the most stunning scenery within the state. From the dramatic coast to some of the wildest rivers you will find anywyare to incomparable Crater Lake, this corner of Oregon can't be beat.
We have an exciting experience prepared for you. We begin with a meet-and-greet Wednesday night. Thursday we will spend the entire day photographing the most dramatic section of coast that Oregon has to offer. Follow that up on Friday with an intimate look at two of Southern Oregon's wild rivers and waterfalls. For a grand finale, Saturday we'll leave early to explore the wonders of incomparable Crater Lake. This is a rewarding photographic experience you will not want to miss.
Each day will begin early and continue throughout the day, culminating in sunset. Every day will be filled from beginning to end with great photography. While in the field you will receive one-on-one help with the areas that are of interest to you. Our goal is to broaden your technical skills and unleash the artist in you.
Add some great photography to your summer and join us in August 2017. You can find photography workshops with big name photographers and prices to match. But you will be hard pressed to find photography workshops that offer greater value than ours
- When: August 2-5, 2017
- Where: Southern Oregon
- Class size: 5
- Instructor: Ralph Nordstrom (award winning fine art photographer and educator)
- Cost: $640.00 USD
- Deposit: $200.00 USD (non-refundable)
Does not include lodging, transportation, meals or fees.
Lodging: This workshop begins in Brookings, Oregon. The second night we will be in Roseburg and the third and fourth nights are in Medfored. Lodging recommendations will be provided.
Transportation: Medford, Oregon offers a good location to fly into. Travel time from Medford to Brookings is 2 1/2 hours. An alternative airport is in Eugene. Travel time to Brookings is 4 1/2 hours and from Medford is 2 1/2 hours. You will need to rent a car.
Physical Difficulty: Moderate. Some of the locations require a hike in of a mile or two.
- Photograph the best locations in the best light
- Broaden your technical and creative skills through quality one-on-one and classroom instruction
- Small class size
- Enjoy the fun, positive atmosphere
- Exposure basics - ISO, aperture and shutter speed
- Histogram - interpret and identify exposure problems
- Refine exposures - exposure compensation and HDR
- Sharpness - creative use of depth of field, blurs
- Fantastic light - recognize it, capture it, make the most of it
- Strong composition - direct the viewer's eye, create unity, balance and visual tension
- Digital SLR
- Sturdy tripod
- Wide angle lens
- Normal lens
- Telephoto lens
- Circular polarizer filter
- Variable neutral density filter (optional)
- Shutter release
- Camera bag
- Camera manual
- Laptop computer with processing software (Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.)
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Sun protection
- Rain gear for you and your camera