2017 Super Utah Photography Workshop
If you're planning on attending either the Zion or Bryce Canyon photography workshops, you should consider combining them into one memorable week of photography. The Super Utah photography workshop gives you the full Southwest Utah experience.
We begin in Zion National Park on Saturday where we spend four exciting days exploring the impressive Zion canyon and the surrounding areas.
On Tuesday after our final sunrise shoot in Zion we drive the 80 miles to Bryce Canyon National Park where we kick off the second portion of the workshop with a great sunset shoot. And the fun continues for three more days, becoming intimately familiar with Bryce and its surrounding area.
A typical day begins with a morning shoot and ends with sunset. Some days we're photographing most of the day. On other days we have classes and photo critiques in the middle of the day. While in the field we provide one-on-one help with the areas that are important to you. Our goal is to broaden your technical skills and unleash the artist in you.
October is a pristine time to be in Southwest Utah. In Zion, the cottonwoods along the Virgin River are painted with the first brush strokes of autumn. In Bryce, the light is pristine and an early winter storm can leave a veil of snow on the hoodoos.
You can find photography workshops with big name photographers and prices to match. But you will be hard pressed to find photography workshops that offer greater value than ours.
Come join us in Southwest Utah, October 2017. You will find regeneration and inspiration here.
- When: October 21-27, 2017
- Where: Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks, Utah
- Class size: 8
- Instructor: Ralph Nordstrom (award winning fine art photographer and educator)
- Cost: $1120.00 USD
- Deposit: $200.00 USD (non-refundable)
Does not include lodging, transportation, meals or fees.
Lodging: Our base of operations in Zion is the Bumbleberry Inn in Springdale, UT. In Bryce Canyon it's the Bryce Canyon Grand Hotel in Bryce Canyon, UT.
Transportation: If you're flying in, Las Vegas is your best option. It's about a 2hr 45min drive to Zion and a 4 hours to Bryce Canyon.
Physical Difficulty: Easy. Most of the shooting locations are near the road or short hikes along easy trails.
Your privacy is important to us. We will never share your information.
- Photograph the best locations in the best light
- Broaden your technical and creative skills through quality one-on-one and classroom instruction
- Small class size
- Enjoy the fun, positive atmosphere
- Exposure basics - ISO, aperture and shutter speed
- Histogram - interpret and identify exposure problems
- Refine exposures - exposure compensation and HDR
- Sharpness - creative use of depth of field, blurs
- Fantastic light - recognize it, capture it, make the most of it
- Strong composition - direct the viewer's eye, create unity, balance and visual tension
- Digital darkroon - workshop and image enhancement
- Digital SLR
- Sturdy tripod
- Wide angle lens
- Normal lens
- Telephoto lens
- Circular polarizer and variable neutral density filters
- Shutter release
- Camera bag
- Camera manual
- Laptop computer with processing software (Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.)
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Sun protection
- Rain gear for you and your camera