2018 Napa Valley Photography Workshop
This photography workshop combines two of California's most beautiful areas - Napa Valley and the spectacular central coast. And there's no better time to photograph these areas. The November light is stunning.
Napa Valley is not only the home of world-class wines, it holds wineries of stunning architectural beauty and stunning scenic vistas. There is so much for you to see and experience. And we will work in a tour of one of the most beautiful and unusual wineries in the valley. I'm confident you will enjoy it. We will do sunset the first day and spend the entire second day in Napa.
On the third day we will explore the beautiful Sonoma County coastline with its sea stacks, arches and surf. You will also experience the reverie and quiet of one of Sonoma's redwood groves.
The fourth day begins with sunrise at the Golden Gate Bridge. This is followed by a special treat in San Francisco before we continue to make our way down the coast.
This is a workshop of non-stop exploration, discovery and photography. You will receive personalized instruction in areas of personal interest in the field.
You can find photography workshops with big name photographers and prices to match. But you will be hard pressed to find photography workshops that offer greater value than ours.
Come join us in Napa Valley and the central California coast in November 2018. You will find inspiration here.
- When: November 13-16, 2018
- Where: Napa Valley and the California Central Coast
- Maximum Class size: 8
- Instructor: Ralph Nordstrom (award winning fine art photographer and educator)
- Cost: $765.00 USD (includes a wine tasting in Napa)
- Deposit: $200.00 USD (non-refundable)
Does not include lodging, transportation, meals or fees.
Lodging: Information regarding lodging will be provided when you sign up.
Transportation: If you're flying in, San Francisco International is your best bet. Travel time to our starting and ending locations is 1-2 hours, depending on traffic.
Physical Difficulty: Easy. Most of the shooting locations are an easy walk from the car.
Your privacy is important to us. We will never share your information.
- Photograph the best locations in the best light
- Broaden your technical and creative skills through quality one-on-one and classroom instruction
- Small class size
- Enjoy the fun, positive atmosphere
- Exposure basics - ISO, aperture and shutter speed
- Histogram - interpret and identify exposure problems
- Refine exposures - exposure compensation and HDR
- Sharpness - creative use of depth of field, blurs
- Fantastic light - recognize it, capture it, make the most of it
- Strong composition - direct the viewer's eye, create unity, balance and visual tension
- Digital darkroom - workflow and image enhancement
- Digital SLR
- Sturdy tripod
- Wide angle lens
- Normal lens
- Telephoto lens
- Circular polarizer and variable neutral density filters
- Shutter release
- Camera bag
- Camera manual
- Laptop computer with processing software (Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.)
- Sturdy hiking boots
- Sun protection
- Rain gear for you and your camera